Neck Lift in Sarasota & Tampa
Recapture the beauty of self-confidence with a neck lift by Dr. Emily Jiles
A neck lift procedure is the ultimate solution for wrinkling or sagging neck skin!
- Dr. Emily Jiles
Ideal Neck Lift Candidates
The candidates for neck lifts in Sarasota include individuals with areas of excess fat and skin around the neck. Their jawline will also have skin that is loose and sagging or the appearance of a “turkey neck” due to vertical neck bands sagging. The ideal candidate should also have realistic expectations concerning the outcome and the results that can be achieved.
Techniques Used for Neck Lifts
- Submentoplasty². This technique is minimally invasive and focuses on platysmal bands and neck laxity that is mild.
- Liposuction. This procedure can be used to remove fat deposits.
- Platysmaplasty. This technique tightens neck muscles in areas that are sagging.
- Cervicoplasty. The cervicoplasty technique improves the contours of the neck by removing excess skin.
The Neck Lift Procedure
As a cosmetic surgery, the neck lift can improve the jawline and neck by assessing the muscle laxity, skin sag, and other signs of aging to obtain a look more rejuvenated and youthful.
Below are the steps that are generally associated with a neck lift procedure.
- Initial consultation and assessment. Prior to your surgery, there will be a consultation and assessment scheduled with your surgeon to discuss your goals, medical history, and any concerns you may have. Your facial and neck anatomy will be assessed to determine the best treatment.
- Anesthesia. When surgery day arrives, anesthesia will be administered to assure complete comfort is achieved. The anesthesia will be either general anesthesia or anesthesia with sedation.
- The initial incision is made. The incisions made are placed discreetly in various areas behind the ears or underneath your chin. The location of the incision will be determined by how much correction is needed and the technique determined best by your surgeon.
- Tightening of muscle tissue. The underlying neck muscles will be tightened or repositioned to enhance the contour and tone of the muscle tissue. Skin tightening can improve vertical neck bands and overall appearance.
- Excess fat and skin removal. Removing excess fat and skin will help to enhance skin sag and create a smooth contour and youthful neck. The incorporation of liposuction may also be helpful in fat removal prior to skin tightening.
- Redraping of skin. Once the tissue and skin are lifted, re-draping will take place. Once it is complete, sutures will be placed to close the wound.
Recovering from a Neck Lift
Neck lift recovery involves proper care of the neck area and following the complete instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure the healing process will be smooth and your results are optimal. Guidelines covering the neck lift recovery include the following.
Initial Post-Operative Neck Lift Recovery
- Get plenty of rest. During the days following your surgery, you should plan to have plenty of rest with very limited activity. During this initial period, you should avoid bending and lifting.
- Take pain medication. Some pain and discomfort will be experienced. When you do, it is important to keep the pain and discomfort under control with pain medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Remain in an elevated position. As you rest, be sure to have your head elevated whenever you are in bed to lessen the amount of swelling and assist in improved circulation.
- Use compression garments. If your surgeon applies a compression garment, you should use it to help keep swelling down in the face and neck and promote healing.
Before and After Neck Lift Surgery in Sarasota & Tampa
Long-Term Neck Lift Care
Long-term care is just as vital as short-term care for your recovery. Your surgeon will provide you with instructions on how you should be caring for your procedure over time.
The long-term care typically includes the following:
- Scar maintenance. Your surgeon will provide instructions on how to care for any scar that may appear during the healing stage. They may suggest using gels or silicone gel sheets to help minimize scarring.
- Avoid tobacco products. Using tobacco products can delay your body’s response and it could have a negative impact on the healing process.
- Be patient. Swelling and bruising will take time to heal so you will need to be patient while the body absorbs the bruising.
- Attend all follow-up appointments. Follow-up appointments with your surgeon will help keep you informed on your recovery progress. This is also a great time to address any concerns or difficulties to your surgeon, so they can make the appropriate suggestions.
A Typical Neck Lift Cost in Sarasota & Tampa
The cost of a neck lift can vary and it also relies on many factors, such as location, surgeon’s experience, education, and the facility that the surgery will take place in may also have their own fees associated with the procedure.
Typically, the average cost for a neck lift procedure ranges between $5,000 and $8,000. During your consultation, it is critical to ask your surgeon about the exact cost and what fees may be included in that amount.
Your New Neck Lift Awaits You
A neck lift can improve your jawline and neck significantly, in addition to enhancing your appearance significantly. While the cost of the procedure may vary, we know that the cost of getting a neck lift in Sarasota, FL, may include facility fees, the cost of anesthesia, and other amounts that a surgeon can clarify with you before the procedure. At Dr. Emily Jiles, you can expect care, communication, and complete transparency before, during, and after your procedure.
If you’re ready to experience all of the benefits a neck lift can offer, get in touch with our dedicated staff, and schedule your consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Neck Lifts in Sarasota
To schedule a personal consultation at our Sarasota office with Dr. Emily Jiles, call us at (941) 867-7682.